Monday, April 30, 2007

The weekend in review

1. Kayla's Middle School Play.
This is the cutest 14 year old you've ever seen. We cheered on she and Anna in one of the most depressing plays I have ever seen. Haha. However, the kids were fabulous. I was impressed with their acting skills. I realized that one of the reasons the play was so distressing was because the middle schoolers did a wonderful job bringing their characters to life. You really felt their pain.

2. Old School Field Day.
The latest aXcess event. I'm waiting for the pictures. Some of them were absolutely hilarious. And then, there is the picture of Lance & I taming the squirrels. They must of heard the park ranger say, "Don't feed the squirrels", because these little guys had no problem helping themselves with us standing right there. They were stealing grapes and strawberries, tearing into the hotdog bun packages, and taking off with the custard tarts.

3. Band on the lawn at Nantucket Grill.
I tried to get tickets to High School Musical since Kayla & Anna loved the seats Kate gave them. However, the weekend was completely sold out so Lance & I went to Nantucket for dinner instead. They have started the Courtyard Music Series with Bocci Italian so this is an even better reason to go on the weekends. Beautiful weather, great food, the sounds of the fountain and chill live music.


4. Jonesey's Surprise Birthday Party.
3,000 chicken wings and friends from college and KPIC. Check out Nate's fabulous photo documentary skills covering the party. There are some great pictures. It was great to see his new house. Unfortunately, it took Jaimie and I almost two hours to get home. We got stuck in I-40 construction traffic.

5. Pedicure at Andrea's Salon.
I love spending time at Color. Of course, you know that you'll see Andrea and Jeff and it is always fun to see who else comes in. Last time, it was Adrianne and this time it was Julie and then Deonni getting ready for her trip to help Renee move to NYC. The new nail artist does a great job and told me about her family's story of life in Vietnam after the war. Her father was imprisoned for five years by the Communist government because he helped the Americans. Their move to the US was one of the most interesting stories I have heard for a long time.

6. Sunday Lunch at the Food Court
I am always surprised by how much I enjoy it when we go to the food court at Southpoint Mall. No matter how many times we do it, my initial reaction is to think, "Groan" because Foster's Market is normally the closest I get to fast food but then when we go it is great. Where else can you take 20 to 30 people, all sit together, and actually be done in under two hours? It is fabulous to let everyone choose what they want to eat, not have to deal with a server, and you can get up and move around with no fear of messing up the tab.

No comments: