Friday, April 13, 2007

Shooter

Sarah and I went to a late night showing of Shooter last night.
.
I was thinking it would be some B-list movie but it was great.
.
It really was a nice surprise. If not for Sarah, I would have never gone to see it.
.
The opening scene made me want to go to Ethiopia. BEAUTIFUL. I had no idea that the mountains meet the water down there.
.
WARNING: Amy, this may not be your type of movie, however, since the body count was well over 100 by the time the movie ended! That was rough by the end but it was well done. On the violence scale I'd say it was more than The Departed but less than 300. It was definitely less graphic than both. (I still cannot believe that I escaped seeing 300 on IMAX. John wanted our whole family to go and my mom and I had no idea what it was about. IMAX was sold out so we went into the movie theater part of it down in Tampa. OH MY WORD. Some things, you don't need to see on a screen six stories high, much less, to have all the blood splattering on you in 3D.)

3 comments:

Amere1 said...

Eek! Blood spatter in 3-D. I can't even imagine!

Unknown said...

Haha... Yeah, no "eek!" for Kristin. :) Or Sarah. They're modern women.

Kristinmichelle said...

Haha. Actually, no, that would be a huge EEK for Kristin (and probably Sarah).

Let's just say these guys weren't living lifestyles that would make the idea of their blood getting splatter all over me feel dirty for a while.

Plus, when you only watch UFC once every other month, the violence is way more graphic. You've either got to do it every week so you are de-sensitized or just get used to wanting to turn your head.

I think going out with a guy who didn't approve of me watching that kind of was a turning point for me there!... Although, I still do crave a good fight every now and then!