Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Let's Go to Atlanta!

Charlotte has an Urban Prayer Room which is supposed to be close to Uptown. Erin, they even have a local justice project. I found the site while trying to find the song, The Dream of the Father's Heart, which may be one of the best songs I've ever heard yet is almost impossible to find online. Lucinda played it for me first but it looks like I'm going to have to buy the CD to get the track, unfortunately.



I am VERY excited about the Onething Conference in Atlanta this summer. I really think we should go to this one. It is put on by IHOP (not the pancakes, people) and is supposed to be an amazing weekend. Seacoast always sent their leadership teams down. This is for all of you who were wishing that there was something directed towards young adults that is hip AND spiritually powerful.

The crazy thing is that the conference is free. I'm already registered although I won't go down until Friday. There is a Homewood Suites right down the road from the conference that has a 2 bedroom apartment with a king, two doubles, and a sleeper sofa. Fun times at less than $20 a night per person... Come on Grace Girls...

5 comments:

erin said...

:o) i was thinking about it, before you even mentioned it. i need to check dates, but that would be great. and i've never been to atlanta. i might go early to visit a friend (pray for a car for me!). anyway, i will get back to you so soon.
love,
erin

Kristinmichelle said...

Fabulous!

Kristinmichelle said...

Nicole is in, too.

Unknown said...

Can't say for sure if I can make... April is a little too far out to schedule July for now with work as it is, but sounds great.

Kristinmichelle said...

That's cool, Char. I'm a planner and my summer weekends are already filling up between aXcess, work, and play. At least, we already have it on the calendar! Jaimie called me today to say she's coming.