Sunday, April 01, 2007

Good Morning!

It is such a beautiful morning.

I wish it were Saturday, again! I spent most of yesterday organizing my apartment. (Somehow, organizing sounds much better than cleaning.) I had seriously considered finding an early Episcopal service for Palm Sunday but I didn't get up early enough. I'm planning to go to Chapel of the Cross in Chapel Hill for their evening service. Last year, I went to an evening service at St. Michael's which is one of the most beautiful old churches in Charleston.

I just love the liturgy and seriousness of the traditional services. I really like kneeling being a part of the service. Having grown up Charismatic, I never got to do any of that stuff. The liturgy for Ash Wednesday is so powerful. It reminds me that the people who wrote those words did have a passion for the Lord.

No comments: