Monday, May 28, 2007

Life moves quickly

Alisha is studying in Florence, Italy for the summer semester and she and a friend stopped in Germany to see some of our dear friends. I was hoping I would get to visit them but haven't quite yet so Alisha was the first to go. They were my youth pastors in high school, later our pastor and have just always been a family that I completely admired and adored. Alisha and I both babysat for the kids and I even taught Jillian dance.

Here is the gang visiting the castle at Burg Ultz. (L) Kaylee sitting in Kristell's lap, Jillian, Kelsie, Alisha, Christopher, and Tammy. Joe must be behind the camera.

When you look at this next photo, you'd never know that this may be some of the most fun you'll ever have.
Tammy was the one who told John and I how she used to lean over her twin brother while he was lying on the floors and slowly let a huge wad a spit start to drip down over his face. She would then suck it back into her mouth really quickly before it hit him. This seemed like a cool parlor trick so we practiced this. After a few tragic failed tries, John wised up to the fact I'd probably never master this skill.
This is my FAVORITE picture because it definitely captures all the personalities. This is the crowd that keeps tickle wars alive every year at Christmas dinner! Last year was the first time they weren't there and we really missed them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great fun. It looks beautiful over there.