Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Got great tickets for Wicked this weekend and I'm moving to a bigger condo in my same building for $6 more a month. Praised the Lord!

Isn't the weather beautiful? Nicole and I ate outside on the patio at Maggiano's last night.

The Loft is having a "Buy one sale item and get the other at 50% Off" right now. I got two dresses that will be great for Italy and Durham, a pair of jeans, and a pair of black pants. I go through black pants. The rest of the stuff in my closet last forever but they don't. Probably because I wear them so often at work.

Yesterday, I went to the dry cleaners to pick up two suits, two dresses, three jackets, some pants, skirts and shirts to find the place EMPTY and the sign taken down. WHAT?!?! Where are my clothes? I knew the meaning of "cold sweat" in that moment. I had tried this place because they were offering 50% if you took your clothes in on Monday so I took in a fair amount. It was quite an experience retrieving my clothes and a third of them were still wrinkled once I got home. I REALLY wanted to go back and demand reimbursement because there is no way I'd give my clothes back to them to re-clean. I can really get upset at bad customer service but I do not blow up because I know that I'm rarely talking to the decision maker. Someone who is being paid by the hour does not deserve to have me go crazy about the spot that is still on my jacket.

However, if there was ever a time for a dry cleaner to use the phone number on the tag they have attached to your clothes, I think it would be when they are closing up shop and carting your stuff to a location five miles down the road. From now on, I won't scrimp and will be happy to pay the fabulous H&S Cleaners to do all my clothes, not just the expensive ones! At least I know they do a great job and I won't get my shirt back looking worse than when I sent it in.
If you got to the end of this post, you may like a good story. You should read this blog for quick, hilarious stories. I didn't know I could laugh like a hyena until I read one of the posts this morning.

No comments: