Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I was SO excited to see Spiderman 3 at IMAX. Ceeece and I stood in line and finally walk in the theater where Ben and Eric already have our seats (I was very specific that I did not want to sit in the back rows where Ben normally preferred). It was great to see everyone and the first couple of minutes I was just reveling in the excitement of it all.

But wait. Something's not right.

I lean over to Nelvin and Eddie.
"Where are our glasses? Are they going to pass them out?"

Eddie kind of laughs and tells me that all IMAX movies aren't 3D and this one is not. I thought he was just teasing me. "What do you mean this isn't 3D?" (I hear snickers behind me which added to my suspision.) "Why else would we have driven all the way over to downtown Raleigh if it wasn't 3D?"

So, I turn to Ben and Ceeece and say, "This movie isn't 3D??"

Of course, they both look at me like I'm... well, you get the picture... "No. It isn't. You didn't know that?"

What!?!

"So, we are just watching on this big screen? That is it? No, 3D? This whole time I have been visualizing Spiderman swinging threw the audience." Then, the crashing realization came down all at once and I verbalized it without thinking, "WE ARE SITTING TOO CLOSE TO THE SCREEN!"

Now it was Ben's turn to say, "What!?!" Oops. Bad move. "Just kidding." I immediately took it back as Eric was saying, "I could have gotten us seats on the back row."

It ended up still being cooler than if we had gone to Southpoint. You definitely felt like part of the action. I did have to close my eyes during the fight scenes because it was so in my face but that made it more fun.


Things to Highlight:

We still love Teddy Franco. So glad he wasn't the bad guy the entire movie.

The relationship drama is always painful in the Spiderman movies. Jonathan and I were sitting there cringing through the whole thing. (He was the only guy who went who had a counseling background and therefore knew Peter Parker was headed straight for trouble.)

These villians were SO much better than the other movies.

5 comments:

Sandra Dena said...

Kristen,

I just want to share, I really enjoy your blog.

Unknown said...

Haha.. Jonathan's a lucky man, his professional training will benefit him in many ways! In all honesty though, I picked up on Peter's self-centeredness, because I see that in myself sometimes. I was cringing, too!

sarahanne said...

Kristin, you are too funny about thinking it was 3-D. I can picture that whole scene playing out as you're waiting for it to start. When I first started reading I was thinking "why in the world did she say she didn't want to sit in the back row???"

I agree about the villians being great in this one. I really didn't like Doc Ock in the last one. Visually he made me cringe. The graphics for Sandman were awesome!

Ceeece! said...

We should see all big movies at IMAX. It really does pull you into the action like you said. I love the 3D ones though. Wish I had seen Polar Express 3D

Kristinmichelle said...

Sandra, This blogger really enjoys you!

Polar Express was fun. That was Kim and my first IMAX experience and we went only because we were scouting for a potential place to have an aXcess event.

I have to admit, Venom may have been my favorite bad guy. I loved the Sandman but probably because I loved his character, Lowell, on the TV show, "Wings" back in the 90s!

Good job, Eddie. I just wasn't sitting beside you to know you were tracking!