Thursday, May 24, 2007

Finally Home

It seems like I've been gone for WEEKS I am so tired. And, I'm craving french toast. I don't know why but I really want it.

Trip to Chicago

Wicked: The music was SO GOOD. The costumes fabulous and the plot line...OH MY WORD, I HAD NO IDEA HOW GREAT IT WOULD BE. It is a MUST SEE. I would see it again...tonight. Joshua drove over from Indiana and he even really enjoyed it, laughing out loud through most of the scenes. Those of you that know Josh, know he'd be the first to tell me if he thought it was bad. His attitude going in was, "I'll sit through it. Sounds more interesting than the Oprah thing."

(By the way, for those of you keeping up...my sparkly gold stilettos DID NOT get the nod. I think my mom and Josh are the only two people in the world who remember the doctor told me to ditch the heels a few years back.)

Apparently, our tickets were for the NEXT FRIDAY so it was not fun for about 15 minutes while we were at the mercy of the box office to see if we'd get a seat. However, it worked out with us in the eighth row!


Work: The National Restaurant Association Restaurant and Hotel Show

This is definitely the largest food show in the world. People spend between a quarter of a million dollars on into the millions for their booth. We'd show up at 7am and not leave until 5pm. I carved A LOT of turkey for people.

If I tried to describe all the craziness that happened at the show in four days, my post would be way too long and you'd never believe it. Some companies go all out for this bringing in 7ft Blondes or other attention getters and hiring all sorts of amazing chefs.

A lot of money is spent on entertaining guests and customers. I went to great restaurants every night and we had our reservations months in advance.

I also got to see Ming Tsai, the creator of Blue Ginger, one of my favorite food lines at Target, while he did a book signing. He is one of those people who is just not photogenic. I was absolutely shocked by how gorgeous he is in person because his photographs portray him as an average joe.

I can't think of any other time that I have met someone and have found them so different from their photo.

Senator Fred Thompson, soon to be presidential candidate hopeful, was the keynote speaker which is cool until you realize that last year President Bush dropped by for the day.

He's joining the race because a lot of Republicans aren't happy with their candidates.



Trip to Charlotte

Locked my keys in my trunk at the convention center.

Found out in Chicago from another poultry company that there is a rumor going around that I'm dating one of my Charlotte customers. Have NO idea who they could all be talking about. It would have made more sense if they'd thought my boyfriend was a Raleigh customer.

Ate the best scallops I have ever had at McCormick & Schmidt's.

Got to experience NASCAR's race week in downtown Charlotte.

Got to do another foodshow. This one was a Fifties Theme so it was complete with an Elvis impersonator performing with girls in poodle skirts dancing around.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just made french toast last night, ask Steven.