Monday, May 07, 2007

JoyLuck & Barks in Love

I finally started working on the door I danced up to my apartment the day before the baby shower Lucinda, Mrs. Elizabeth, and I threw for Merridith. If you have seen Aidan, you know how long ago that has been. I've been so busy this past year that I haven't had time for the things that draw my creativity out. After I got back from Charlotte yesterday afternoon, Kimberly dropped by to hear my tape, we went to have coffee and dessert on the lawn at Nantucket and then I had the rest of the afternoon and evening to create.



I'm putting my favorite poem on the door. Sonnet 116 by William Shakespeare. I know it is old news to be a fan of The Bard but I truly love his published work. I've read thousands of poems, short stories, and books yet he is still in my top five.


I watched The Joy Luck Club while drawing and I cry every time.
There is something so strengthening about the movie yet also so very moving. The last time I watched was with Danielle and Ginny at my house in Mt. Pleasant. It gives Hope. It is amazing how our testimonies empower in ways giving advice never really would. I guess the Bible does say that we'll overcome the enemy by the word of our testimonies and the blood of the Lamb.


*This sign in the picture may be right but I'm really having a hard time stomaching the idea. I adore Google. How else do you know if that guy who asked you out is legit?

10 comments:

Ceeece! said...

Like there are some questions asked that can't be answered by the Bible (i.e. that guy who asked you out).

P.S. I don't think guys have ever googled girls.

Ceeece! said...

Also, if you visit the Comical Absurdities blog I posted a similar picture with a church sign like this! It must be on the Church Sign Message list!

Kristinmichelle said...

You inspired my next post!

Kristinmichelle said...

changed my mind...I was going to post on the Top Ten Reasons I love google but I got bored with that in about ten seconds.

sarahanne said...

yeah RIGHT - guys totally google girls.

Ceeece! said...

Guys OOGLE girls, not Google them. There's a big difference.

Sandra Dena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra Dena said...

Not true....Guys totally google girls!!

This happend a couple of years ago.....I met this guy at a graduate student party who seemed totally normal.....really smart, funny, with just enough of social awkwardness that comes with a Ph.D. in Chemistry to make him cute.

One night, shortly after we met I was on the phone him. We were wrapping up our conversation, and he was repeating time and place we'd discussed for our next date. I too began rethink our conversation and I blurted out just as we were about to say goodbye, "Wait, I didn't tell you I was a public policy major! How did you know that?"

He proudly shared, "Well, that's just a little fact I found out from Google."

While I totally google people, even old friends just to see where they are.....having someone tell you they googled you feels oddly intrusive....LOL.

If this happend to you, how would you feel? Better yet, what would you do?

Ceeece! said...

Gotta watch out for those Bama girls :)

Kristinmichelle said...

Oh MY word, Ceeece, THAT is the QUOTE OF THE YEAR!

(And you know me, normally something is only good enough to be the quote of the day.)

I'm with you, Sandra. I totally google even non-love interests...yesterday, I googled my sugar free vanilla nutritional info (although that might just be a love interest) along with a hundred other things...

HOWEVER, it would definitely take surprise me to hear someone admit to doing it that early on in the dating process.

Unsettling. Probably because part of the "getting to know you, getting to know all about you" stage is what makes the discovery of a new relationship so fabulous. There is nothing better than finding out all the interesting little facts about a person as your conversation unfolds.

The true question is WHAT DID YOU DO?