Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I Ate WHAT?

Alison & Carl's Chinese Wedding Banquet was in New Brunswick, NJ so I drove from Philadelphia to attend.

I had a lot of fun but in the twelve courses of food, there were definitely some things that I had NEVER considered eating.





Jellyfish tentacles that I THOUGHT were noodles (I definitely could not have tried that mouthful had I really known), shark fin, abolone, and bird's nest created from the spit of swallows...

The fabulous dragon dance and a Tea Ceremony. The couple honored their elders by serving them tea.

Then there was fun dancing. The "YMCA" transcends cultures!


Three people from three periods of Alison's Education: Julie (Grad School at Purdue), Kara (School of Science & Math), and me (the teen years).


The Lord blessed me to give such a fabulous neighbor and friend during middle & high school!



She is brilliant and now working in D.C. so we'll no longer be hanging out at the pool or Dixie Youth Games to catch up on the news!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you have your sights on a Chinese brother?

Kristinmichelle said...

Haha. I guess it could seem like that since I've had two Chinese centered posts very recently but they are completely unrelated. The wedding I was at was actually attended by Cantonese speakers instead of Mandarin.

The food at the wedding definitely put me in panic mode around course five. "How in the world can I learn the language? I CANNOT eat the food. I can't do this."

I actually have WAY less of a desire to go there...and then Rich's stories at brunch last weekend fed that even more!

French could be a better language for me...or Italian. It was a pretty scarring experience.

Kristinmichelle said...

By the way...

If I do have a specific guy in mind, now the ENTIRE WORLD is guessing! :)

Unknown said...

What? Just like that, you're going to trade in China for snails, fish eggs and frog legs?

I'm just teasing about the guy. That's private, anyway.