Friday, August 10, 2007

What would Emily Post think?

I have a confession to make.
Some days, I just get really tired of matching. Yes, I am serious, we are really about to discuss clothes.

I think that is one of the things that I love about London. So many people didn't match and yet they looked incredibly cool. I'm such a believer in that. It normally happens after a week of a lot of dressing up for work and other events.
I get completely burned out by having to harness my "creative dressing" side of things that much and then I lash out at fashion.
Unmatching fashionistas, unite! Wear the paisley with the stripes and polka dots!!
Today, is one of those times. I want to be contrary in how I look. Not in how I act. Just in dress. On one of these days Jaimie, who is normally my partner in bold color, fashion, just looked at me and said, "Oh. It will be dark in the movie theater. People probably won't really notice." However, that was the exact same outfit I ended up wearing to the final game of the ACC Tournament and I love the pictures from that day. I think that you can strike serious gold by not following the rules.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Steve gets Jos Bank catalogs, and the latest has a guy with a suit that totally breaks the rule of wearing patterns on patterns... From the shirt, to the tie, to the jacket, nothing was consistent... but it worked!