Monday, August 13, 2007

Titles

A friend gave me her business card for a new job she started while I was in Europe.
.
I got to know her because there was a time when working in the world of sales was very tough and I needed another woman with high standards to advise me. A mutual friend put us in conact. She laid it out for me and continues to be a wonderful resource. She is one of those people I can talk to about my work, my faith, volunteering, and family. I love her style when it comes to life, love, and fun and always get refreshingly upfront, realistic yet positive opinions. It is great to come away feeling like there is someone else out there like me who is just 13 years further down the path.
.
I just put her card in my wallet after reading all of her new titles but today I saw some things typed on the back of her card along with the mailing address which I hadn't noticed before:

Gung-Ho Wife
Adoptive Mother
Marathoner
Fashionista
Redeemed
.
How wonderful. With complete confidence, this is what she hands all of her potential clients, business associates, and customers. I realized, "Here's a woman I appreciate. I am so glad she is in my life."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is very confident. Shows what's important to her.