Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Family Moment

MSNY (our church plant in Manhattan) meets at the Lamb's Theater in the Broadway district of NYC. It turns out that my fabulous Aunt Maxine, my fellow ENFP in the family, actually went to a church that met there when she first came to New York when she was my age.


I've learned a lot about life from her and some things about myself. When it comes to hospitality and family, she is definitely an inspiration. As the oldest child in the family, she has always been the keeper of the stories.

Possibly without realizing it, she has been one of the biggest factors in binding our extended family together and reminding us all that we have history together. When you are an Albrecht, that is everyone's mentality. I have always appreciated that I am close to my cousins because our parents were able to prioritized time spent with each other when we were young.

I have always loved that out of all the buildings in the city, there was that commonality. They are tearing the building down soon and Kevin Singleton recorded a CD, "Last Night at The Lamb's Theater". A good friend gave it to me as a birthday present



No comments: