Monday, February 05, 2007

Psalm 27

It has become very clear that I need more of the Word of God in my life. I decided to start by learning Psalm 27. Today when I was at the gym I got these lines memorized:

"The Lord is my light and my salvation -whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid.

When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemy and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.

Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear. Though war break out against me, I will remain confident.

One thing I ask of the Lord; this is what I seek- That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord, and seek Him in his temple." ______________________

The Super Bowl parties went well. I'll post pictures later. These pictures I took at one of my favorite coffee shops a few weeks ago.
___________________
Tonight, I cooked for my soon to be famous chef friend, Charleigh, and we watched "To Catch a Fire". It was pretty good but I still liked "Blood Diamond" more.
_______________________
I'm currently reading Bush at War by Bob Woodward. (He exposed the Whitewater Scandal that got Nixon kicked out of office.) This book is supposed to be very unbiased and both the Bush and the Kerry Campaigns suggested voters read this to better understand the war in Iraq during the 2004 Presidential Elections. It is a part of a trilogy series he did and I am brushing up for Sandra & Jim's campaign. Get the merchandise.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So appreciate that I am averaging a 2/3 shout out on your blog. Makes you realize how much we talk and hang out. I like that.

Kristinmichelle said...

SO TRUE! I like that, too. Hooray for being in the SAME CITY these days. It definitely makes a huge difference having you around!!

kristen said...

When I taught 3rd grade, I memorized Psalm 27 with my class. It's a good one. I still want to recite it with the voice and hand motions... I'll do it for you... in March!

Kristinmichelle said...

That's right, you'll be here in March! Can't wait to see your recitation!

kristen said...

Yeah, we'd actually be up this week but my parents are coming tomorrow so... next month!