Tuesday, February 06, 2007

350 lb. Man in a Statue of Liberty Suite

That's what I saw as I was driving down Shannon Rd. past Winnsong Theater in Durham with the sales rep I was working with today. He wasn't holding a sign or anything letting drivers know why he would feel it necessary to wear a velvet green dress and a crown. Just standing by the bus stop with his right arm held up in the air.

Part of my job includes new restaurants...Here are some great ones I'd like to go back and check out on my own time:

Piper's Deli off University Drive in Durham, Tomato Jake's by the Southpoint Target (They'll DELIVER!!), & The Barbeque Joint in Chapel Hill.
Matt got me thinking about a book I read in 7th Grade, The Journey by jame Michener. I'll have to do another post on that someother time

3 comments:

Amere1 said...

Hey girl. So glad you know Piper's Deli! We love that place. Their chicken salad is yummy!

Unknown said...

I've been to Tomato Jakes. They do have a great location, don't they? It's tasty pizza, but most fun when you go buck wild and buy two or three slices. Getting full is part of the dining experience.

Kristinmichelle said...

huh...he had no bucket, though. That was what is so WEIRD about it. Although, you have opened up a new option, Mandy!

Yum. Your review of Piper's is making me hungry, Amy!

The owner at Tomato Jakes is completely hilarious.