Saturday, February 03, 2007

Almost Perfect

The past few days have been SO nice. Mainly, because I have given myself the room to breathe and actually done some things just for me.

Thursday, Lucinda and I met Charleigh at an Indian Restaurant in Downtown Durham and then meet Ashley at the musical, Godspell. Canceled the Innamorato meeting we had schedule Friday afternoon and got A LOT of work done at my house. (Check out our first two submissions!) I put in new shelves in my closet, did LOADS and LOADS of laundry, updated the aXcess blog, and finished scheduling my work week. Around 9, I went to Jason's to watch the movie, Groundhog Day, with he and Matt in honor of Feb. 2nd (more in honor of Matt's return). I hadn't seen it since I was 13 so I remembered nothing about the movie and it was SO FUNNY. I think what made it hilarious to me is that I have stayed in so many small towns in the middle of nowhere in a bed and breakfast for business trips so I was looking at it from the perspective of, "Wow, I can totally relate. What WOULD you do if you were reliving the same day OVER AND OVER AND OVER in a strange town. Or if your co-worker was going crazy." I'm also too young to remember Bill Murray movies so it is all new to me. I know this is crazy but I have never seen Caddy Shack!

Today I stayed home from the ACC workday and just had a really relaxing day taking care of the stuff I needed to get done. I also really enjoy grocery shopping on Saturdays mid-morning. It is fabulous, somehow. Especially at TARGET! I caught up with some of my girlfriends on the phone, baked for the superbowl parties tomorrow night, a ton of other stuff with a nap in between, caught up on the Relevant Magazine podcast and Seacoast Sermons and then got ready for LR's birthday party. It was a great thing to go to dinner at 5pm and then be home by 8pm. Jaimie came over and she hung out while I finished making the party food and did laundry. I feel SO much more relaxed!

I am starting to realize that just because I have the ability to do something doesn't necessarily mean that I need to do it. I forget how nice it is to just chill and spend time one on one instead of big crowds all the time! I'm now laying on my couch in front of the fire...getting very sleepy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

just because I have the ability to do something doesn't necessarily mean that I need to do it.

True. I let myself get in over my head this past weekend. :(

Kristinmichelle said...

Yeah, it was definitely a busy one! That is why I pulled out early on so I could make it to SuperBowl with energy left