Friday, January 05, 2007

Pictures that Make me Miss the Lowcountry

I was looking around on-line for great restaurants in Charleston for the owner of my favorite paper store and ran across these two pictures of Sewee Restaurant. I drove by it on my way to work in Myrtle Beach & Pawley's Island and I thought the atmosphere was great.

I generally brought visitors here because it is a nice contrast with all the downtown white tablecloth restaurants.
The specials board is the first thing you see when you walk inside.

Amy & I on a group outing to Sewee! Miss ya'll... Of course, Stacey moved to Florida the month after I left so things aren't quite the same. And, I found out my apartments were turned into Condos (like everything else in Mt. Pleasant) so I would have had to move anyway!
They say that Charleston gets in your blood once you have been there a year and I really think that is true. I left after nine months and it was hard to leave. (It was, afterall, the SLOWEST nine months on the planet so I had a lot of time to take it all in. My homesickness for Durham made the days crawl but I always had fun and surprised myself by falling in love.) God knew what he was doing by pulling me out when he did. Three more months there would have done me in!

1 comment:

Kristinmichelle said...

That is EXACTLY the way I feel.

I look at the pictures and think, "I'd like to pop down there for lunch" and then remember, "Wait, that is a four hour drive!!"

Nevermind.