Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Pigeons

San Marco's Square in Venice, Italy has a few tourist attractions...

The church, the dueling orchestras, and the birds.

Venders sell bags of bird seed to the visitors who then feed it to the pigeons. You hold out your hands and the birds land all over you.

I love this picture of Alisha.

John & Kate saw parents dump some seed on their small son's head and shoulders and then take pictures as the birds sat on his head and shoulders pecking away at the food while he whimpered.

This stowaway and his friends hitched a ride on my backpack as I was walking through the square. He completely surprised me by hopping onto my shoulder and then onto my head. Do the pigeons have talons?
Absolutely! John and some Indian tourists were there to take pictures of my shock.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny-about the little boy. :)