Thursday, November 16, 2006

Pilates?


My day is a bit backwards, today.

I have a work presentation to give in the Northern part of the state at 7pm. I don't actually start talking until 7:40pm!! So, I feel like I should be doing all the stuff I'd normally do at night during the morning.

That seems to be the logical thing to do...

But, it really isn't because I still have a lot of work to get done before I ever get to the sales meeting tonight. So, I decided to compromise and go to the gym first and then start on work.

A Pilates class is offered at the gym during the day that I can never do so I decided to give it a try. Sunghee & my first experience with yoga was hilarious due to an INCREDIBLY spacey instructor so I am expecting great stories from this one.

__________________________________________

UPDATE:

Oh my goodness, are you kidding me!?!?

THIS CLASS IS HARDER THAN IT LOOKS! I spent half the time thinking, "What in the world is she talking about?" and the other half thinking, "Ouch, breathe, ouch, inhale, exhale, inhale, can't hold this position much longer... I forgot, am I inhaling now or exhaling..."

However, I am strangely hooked. I suddenly care about my core...whatever that is...

3 comments:

Kristinmichelle said...

Well, the CRAZY part is that it took me running at least three times a week for at least two months before I got that runner's high/addiction where I would actually crave going running.

It took only ONE class of Pilates for me to really start to feel physically addicted!

Anonymous said...

The key to using your core muscles to their fullest potential is to close your ribcage. It took me over a year to figure out how to do that. But I am there with you on the love of pilates. Can we just stop and take a moment to say thank you to Joseph Pilates. Where would we, or Mari Winsor for that matter, be without him? If you don't have the Winsor Pilates DVDs that you came home at lunch and bought on an impulse, I would highly recommend it.

sarahanne said...

"I forgot, am I inhaling now or exhaling..."

I KNOW!!!!!!

I can't ever tell which I'm supposed to do, except for when the instructor breathes with gusto, as does the chick next to me who I think has been doing pilates all her life. Side note: it's always a little awkward to do partner yoga with someone you've never met.