Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Family Life Junkie

I'll admit it, I am interested in a life stage that is not my own. I have been since I was WAY YOUNG. I've been listening faithfully to Dr. Dobson's radio broadcasts for eleven years now. There are certain ideas that are now almost innate in me: stay at home moms, bring up boys to be men, etc, etc, etc. However...

Enter Shirin Taber's new book, Wanting All the Right Things. I read the first chapter online and now I definitely want to read the whole thing. She deals with the question of Feminism vs. Traditionalism and actually presents an argument that neither side wins. She BLENDS them...heresy!?

Read it! Let me know what you think...The idea of women being unsatisfied with life because of the cultural norms is something that is being explored more and more in books and articles lately. Plus, Lance is always telling me, "Nothing will satisfy you, will it?" I rolled my eyes but then realized he may actually be more cutting edge than any of us actually realized...I'm not sure I think that is true about myself but he seems to have hit on a trend.

No comments: