Tuesday, June 12, 2007

So many great people showed up on Friday night at Southern Village for the Symphony. Afterwards, we all split off into groups and the crowd I was with went to see Ocean's 13.

This was one of the most fun weekends I have had in a long time. I almost always enjoy life but the concert was just the beginning. Saturday night, I ended up at West End with an old friend and a lot of new ones after dinner at 411 West. It is always a little funny to be at a wine bar sipping sparkling water like a connoisseur. I was reminded why I loved Chapel Hill. We met so many people who were "friends of friends of friends" and from so many different disciplines and countries and we are all bonded by our love of Carolina. Absolutely fabulous.

I realized that I've missed the diversity which is funny considering the fact that I go to one of the few multi-cultural churches in the Triangle. However, Sunday was nice, too... worshiping with 54 different ethnicities and 23 different nationalities does add something amazing to your existence. It was great to see some old friends there, as well. The nice thing about still living in the place you went to school is that when people come back to visit you get to be a part.

Just another little snippet of information on me. Nothing too personal, nothing too deep. Definitely nothing too juicy. You just never know who comes across my little part of the web galaxy.

3 comments:

Sandra Dena said...

Beautiful! I definitely wish I could've been there!

Kristinmichelle said...

We missed you, too! However, your meeting about your mission trip to Scotland was obviously more pressing.

Only a few days left until you are out of here!

I just finished reading a book set in Savannah and it really makes me want to go down South soon.

Unknown said...

That's perfect, Kristin! I've decided to keep my blog. Just gotta make time to do it.