Sunday, March 11, 2007

Tampa, Florida ACC Champions 2007

We spent the weekend in Tampa for the tournament. Mom, Dad, Alisha and I got into town on Friday.
John, Kate, and her parents, Rick & Dunlop already had plans to be in town.

We had FABULOUS seats. I love how you bond with the people you sit with all weekend. Alisha and I caught a lot of flack from the people sitting around us for reading fashion magazines and novels on Friday. It was the third straight game of the day. We needed a break!
..
Do you KNOW how many games they play in a weekend?? 11 !!
.
(I think Kate is cute with her pom pom pigtails!)

Of course, the news going into the weekend was NC State sending home the Durham crowd. A guy who sat with my parents all weekend and his sons had band aids that said, "Where is Duke?" at the championship game. Christian Laettner was honored during the weekend and, although the crowd met him with boos, I had to clap bc I had a HUGE crush on him when I was in middle school!
.
Alisha and I were screaming and waving behind the guys when the ESPN cameras came over to film them.
Since Kate is in Charleston and John is in Cincinnati, it isn't often that we are all together.



The band's brass section wore face masks to support Tyler!
..
Alisha and I spent the weekend appreciating the creativity of the fans. Our favorite was a girl who changed outfits two or three times a day!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Laughing at the band-aids and face masks.

Kristinmichelle said...

I know, don't you love it?

However, I would be afraid to do that because you do reap what you sow...