Monday, December 11, 2006

A Day In My Life

I'm trying to be better about posting consistently on my blog. Some of the most famous plays are "Slice of Life" which is based on only one day in a character's life.

Kristin's Life: The Dollhouse Style














Woke up, checked email & the Evite for our Christmas party on Friday. (I'll fast forward through the menial stuff. Just assume I brushed my teeth.)

Called on a customer at Southpoint, visited another whose chef was busy so I killed time by spending 15 minutes trying on every pair of eyeglasses that interested me in Specs (discovered the I look best in glasses made in Germany, Italy, & Scandinavian countries as opposed to American, English or French designs...makes sense because I'm mostly German) & went to Barnes & Noble and ended up buying a novel.

Had lunch (still waiting for the chef and made an hour headway into my novel until I decided to call it quits and reschedule)

Work phone calls...Lots of them.

Attended Cheryl's funeral with one of my dearest college friends who grew up in her church and I Cheryl's life inspired me as a life well-lived. (It made me want to call up all the other women who have expressed an interest in spending time with me. I realized we have so many amazing people we can still learn from.)

Came home and read my book for two hours.

Was interupted by a phone call letting me know our company pilot shot himself this afternoon. (We are a close knit company so it was a heavy blow.)

Canceled my trip to DC this week so I could be home for the funeral.


Met Kate at the gym & worked out for an hour.

Listened to another friend read me the profiles of guys met on-line.





Had a quick dinner by myself at Jason's Deli.

Met Patricia at Barnes & Noble for our Monday night cup of coffee (She and Jason ended up getting held up interviewing applicants for their new film school so I read an entire copy of Deep Magazine.)

Talked to my dad about booking a flight to Florida this weekend for my grandmother's 91st birthday.

Talked to my mom about the importance of fasting and praying in tounges.

Came home, checked email & the Evite again.

Finished reading the rest of my book.

Posted on this blog.

No comments: