Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hans wanted to eat at "The Pig Stand" while we were driving through Daytona on Sunday...

Since he doesn't know what the Floridians actually think of that part of the state, I went along with him. I'll admit. I have been slightly curious all these years. Once we got there, I found my favorite recycled artist dropped some of his chickens there!

Yes, one of the largest Harley-Davidson store in the world was next door.

No, we didn't go check it out. (We probably should have just for the experience!)

I'm just not one of those girls who gets excited about a Harley. Can I appreciate a guy who rides one? Sure, as long as I already appreciate him for things that have nothing to do with what is hanging out in his garage.

My former extreme distaste for the logo, was born of one too many days stuck in the middle of Myrtle Beach Biker Week traffic while in town visiting my customers. It is just not fun to see a guy who hasn't showered in days, shaved in months, or bought a shirt that fits in years accidentally flashing me as he leans over beside the handlebars to spit on the sidewalk.

My opinion has slowly changed over the past year. I'm sure my clean cut co-worker buying one and then Todd Bentley wearing Harley-Davidson emblazoned shirts has contributed to that.

For the foodies out there who are wondering if the BBQ pork was good: It wasn't up to Carolina's vinegar standards but the pulled chicken was delicious!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Instead of trashing artists we should recycle them.