Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Because of Sandra's Post

I've been living and breathing work for the past twelve days. I officially have a reason not to read the local papers. (Not that I read them before. Let's face it, NPR and the BBC are my daily sources. If I were to read the paper it would be the Guardian...I'm wondering exactly when I am going to realize I need to face the facts of my heart and move to London.)

In the midst of all the work, I finished reading Vanity Fair (not to be confused with the magazine, folks) which is one of my all-time favorite books. I'm seriously considering Dr. Zhivago next and I'd really like to find a few friends who read the classics and THEN watch the movies with me for a slightly more informed movie night. (Cough. Cough. SANDRA! Cough. Cough.) Katye's already working on the book list! We could start with Jane Eyre ;)

I have a confession: I cry when I hear coverage on Hillary's campain. Actually, it could almost be termed "weeping". It doesn't last that long but it takes me by surprise. I have yet to discover why I'm crying which makes it even more curious but I do know the only other time I get this type of feeling is when I hear coverage on September 11th unexpectedly. I guess you'll just have to stay tuned to Election '08 to find if it is because I have some unconscious knowldege she is going to win or it is a premonition that she is the American embodiement of Sauron.

For all of you wondering where the young, single people are in the Triangle...they are hanging out at Panera working on their dissertations or having Bible Study. I've been working here a lot for the past three weeks and I've never seen anything like it. I guess it really is no lie that the way to a man's heart really is through his stomach. If you don't believe that, I'll just refer you to Jim's blog.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I cry when I hear coverage on Hillary's campain. Actually, it could almost be termed "weeping". It doesn't last that long but it takes me by surprise. I have yet to discover why I'm crying which makes it even more curious but I do know the only other time I get this type of feeling is when I hear coverage on September 11th unexpectedly. I guess you'll just have to stay tuned to Election '08 to find if it is because I have some unconscious knowledge she is going to win or it is a premonition that she is the American embodiment of Sauron.

LOL. I'm sorry, this has to be the funniest (in a good way) thing I've ever heard or read about anyone's sentiments on Hillary. Thank God I'm not the only one who's frightened by the idea of her running for president. No lie, I told my sister the other week that I'd rather have Sammy Stevens of Flea Market Montgomery over Hillary.

Sandra Dena said...

Kristen you are hilarious! No need to fear, listening to Hillary campaign makes me cry too! We'll have to talk about this in person...I'd hate for my opinons to hurt Jim and I in the 2012 elections.

Eddie, I have to say that I agree with your sister, at least I can tell when Sammy Stevens is genuinely happy!

And what's with all the coughing? I love Jane Eyre, and as a matter of fact, I watched Becoming Jane last Friday!

After Jane, we could take on the Bronte sisters!

Kristinmichelle said...

It is true! I'm so serious! :) And I'm serious that I don't know the reason!

Which is also why I thought it was curiously blogworthy...

You misunderstood the coughing, Sandra! I meant YOU SHOULD TOTALLY COME AND WATCH!!